Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) involves breathing pure oxygen in a pressurized chamber in which the atmospheric pressure is raised up to three times higher than normal. Under these conditions, oxygen concentration in all body tissues is greatly increased, even in areas with reduced or blocked blood flow (ie. injuries or wounds).
The wide range of benefits and applications is well researched and HBOT is regularly used in conventional medicine.
Specific benefits that may be of interest to athletes include faster healing of wounds, skin infections and burns and faster recovery from fractures and muscle and ligament injuries.
One study of soccer players found that those undertaking HBOT saw a 55% reduction in lost days to injury.
- Heal wounds, skin infections and burns faster
- Faster recovery from fractures, muscle and ligament injuries
- Heightened energy and physical performance
- Promote new blood vessel growth and improve circulation
- Improved sleep
- Prevention and treatment for a wide range of conditions such as stroke and Alzheimer's
Absolute MMA's Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber is available for use by both Absolute MMA members and the general public. Although HBOT is widely considered to be safe and is prescribed for a number of conditions and ailments, please consult your doctor before undertaking a session.